ICE-scan Limited ("we") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy applies to your use of this website ("Website"), the ICE-scan mobile application software ("APP") and any of the services accessible through the Website or APP.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
INFORMATION STORED IN OUR DATABASE
- The Website permits you to store personal information in the ICE-scan electronic database and permits a third party to access this information in the case of an emergency from either the Website or the APP.
- The ICE-scan Database is divided into two levels of information with different access arrangements for each level. It is recommended that Level 1 information includes basic personal details which may assist a first aider or the emergency services in providing immediate assistance in the event of an emergency e.g. your first name, year of birth, known conditions, details of any medication, dosages and any known allergies. It is recommended that level 2 information includes further specific information which may assist a medical practitioner or paramedic in the event of an emergency e.g. full name, National Health Number or Identity, Next of Kin and General Practitioner contact name and contact details.
- Level 1 information can be accessed by employing a generic Quick Response (QR) web-enabled APP to scan and read the hidden code on the lower surface of each ICE-scan tag.
- Alternatively, account access can be gained by entering the 9 character alpha-numeric account code (‘’account code’’) recorded on your personal ICE-scan \Tag into the "Emergency" section of the Website or APP. This 9 character account code is visible to anyone looking at your personal ICE-scan Tag only after removal of the upper layer of the Tag.
- Level 2 information can be accessed by entering the personal PIN code (‘’PIN code’’) located on the lower layer of your personal ICE-scan Tag into the "Emergency" section of the Website or App.
- The principal purpose of the service is that access will only be sought by third parties properly in the event of an emergency. However, access to your personal information is not restricted to medical practitioners. Anyone who has access to your ICE-scan Tag and, therefore, your personal account code and/or PIN code will be able to access the information stored by you in the ICE-scan Database.
- You will be notified by e-mail each time your information is accessed. If your information is improperly accessed, you should inform us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You choose what information to input into the ICE-scan Database. The suggested fields are guidelines only.
- You should only input information which you feel comfortable sharing with unknown third parties and that you are happy to disclose to the world at large and you understand that this information may become publicly known as a result of proper or improper access to the ICE-scan Database by a third party.
- You warrant that any information that you store in the ICE-scan Database is not in breach of any copyright, defamation or indecency laws and relates only to yourself.
- You can delete or amend any of information stored by you in the ICE-scan Database at any time by logging in to your account via the website.
- It is your responsibility to maintain the currency, accuracy and completeness of information stored in the ICE-scan Database. We will not view, monitor or in any way edit the information stored.
- You are responsible for the security of the ICE-scan Tag and ensuring that it or its content does not fall into the hands of third parties except in the case of an emergency. This means you should take care to protect your account code and PIN code. You must advise us immediately if you believe there has been unauthorised access to your account.
- If a replacement ICE-scan Tag is issued, we reserve the right to charge cost and postage.
OTHER INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU
- Information you give us generally. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on the Website or by corresponding with us by e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use the Website and when you report a problem with the Website. The information you give us may include your name and e-mail address.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
USES WE MAKE OF INFORMATION
Information that you give us - we will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between your employer or organisation which provided your ICE-scan Tags and us to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already been provided with or enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Except by disclosure through access to the ICE-scan Database utilising your account code and/or PIN code (being the express purpose of the Service), we may disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances only:
- In the event that we sell our company business or assets or sub-contract any of our Services, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the seller or sub-contractor.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of ICE-scan Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Other than as set out above, we will not disclose your personal information to third parties.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The storage of information on externally accessible computers or transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. We have in place reasonable security procedures and features to prevent unauthorised or malicious access to your personal information.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 or equivalent to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.